Monday, May 13, 2013

Recipe: Black Bean Quinoa & Polenta with Organic Mango Sausage and Fresh Parsley

Ok so we all know by now..
I LOVE to eat.
like.....LOVE!!!
So I figure if I can at least keep things interesting in the kitchen by trying new healthy recipes and giving healthy makeovers to old ones I can keep my ever growing (preggo) belly and the hubs satisfied without feeling like an overstuffed turkey!

This is an adaptation of a recipe that my sister in-law made for me while in Hawaii over New Years.
I literally haven't been able to stop thinking about it since, soooo I FINALLY tried to whip it up myself.

Guys.... it's REALLY good!

 Black Bean Quinoa & Polenta with Organic Mango Sausage and Fresh Parsley

I used Roland Brand Black Bean Quinoa.  I found it at Wal Mart, but if you can't get your hands on this stuff, it would be really easy to substitute using regular quinoa and stirring in some of my homemade Taco Seasoning and desired amount of black beans.
This entire bag makes about 2 cups of quinoa. (2-4 servings)
Begin to cook quiona before you start the polenta and sausage as the quiona takes a little longer to cook. (about 15-20min)

In a small skillet begin cooking the polenta, I cut off about 2 inches for a 2-4 person serving.
Cook polenta on medium heat with about a Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and slowly add chicken broth until you reach desired consistency.
(I like mine on the creamy side)

Next slice up two All Natural "aidells" brand sausages.
I LOVE the Spicy Mango with Jalapeno flavor.
Throw them in with the polenta, stir, cover, and let the sausage cook on low/med heat.
I LOOOOVE these sausages.
They are made with ALL NATURAL ingredients.
No MSG
No Nitrites
Minimal Processing.
Read the ingredients, I was a non believer at first, but they are made entirely of organic chicken breast, real fruits & vegetables, in a pork lining.
No mystery in these hot dogs!
They are a teensy weensy bit pricier, but worth EVERY penny!


Once your quinoa is soft and fluffy, you're ready to assemble!!
Lay a bed of the Polenta/Sausage mixture on your plate, next layer on the Quiona, Cut up about 1/4 cup of fresh parsley and sprinkle on top.
(I LOVE fresh parsley so I just grab a huge handful lol.)
and...
VOILA!


A quick and easy lunch or dinner!!

xoxo
Chenelle




No comments:

Post a Comment