Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Work Hard Wednesday!

Wednesdays are always my tough days, and today was NO exception!
I taught my regular spin class at noon, and my legs are JELLO!
Now it's off to the Jazz game, and I'm just crossing my fingers
 that these legs will still work for me tonight! haha!
* Don't worry... they did!! ;) *

I wanted to share with you guys one of my FAVORITE healthy snacks!
They are so easy to just grab and go.
I always crave them around this time of year!
PUMPKIN SEEDS!!
MMM... I have been munching on these all day!
Look HERE to see tons of information on the nutrition content of pumpkin seeds.
These little gems are PACKED with minerals and antioxidants.
Remember my last blog post about cravings and what your body is really telling you it needs?

Well check this out:

Nutrient%Daily Value

manganese73.5%

tryptophan53.1%

magnesium47.7%

phosphorus39.7%

copper21.5%

protein19.5%

zinc16.8%

iron15.7%

Calories (180)10%

...this means, pumpkin seeds are a GREAT replacement for many of those unhealthy cravings!


A Few Quick Serving Ideas
  • Add pumpkin seeds to healthy sautéed vegetables.
  • Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of mixed green salads.
  • Grind pumpkin seeds with fresh garlic, parsley and cilantro leaves. Mix with olive oil and lemon juice for a tasty salad dressing.
  • Add chopped pumpkin seeds to your favorite hot or cold cereal.
  • Add pumpkin seeds to your oatmeal raisin cookie or granola recipe.
  • Next time you make burgers, whether it be from vegetables, turkey or beef, add some ground pumpkin seeds.

Love you guys!!
xoxo
Chenelle



No comments:

Post a Comment